Thursday 9 February 2012

S'no more snow

So the snow fun sadly didn't end up lasting very long. It started melting the day after and there's not much evidence of it left other than the occasional gray patch of sludge. Luckily I went out to document it right away (I felt I owed it to my friend Clara who loves snow but had to miss out on account of her being Spain-ed), so here's is my - kind of late - obligatory London snow photo post!

Butt faced snowman calls you in





First up on my walk is was Gray's Inn Gardens. It's already gorgeous in non snowy weather and as an added bonus, it was totally deserted. Its main weekday inhabitants (city peeps and students) were absent, so there were no awkward onlookers while I was taking pictures and the snow was completely footprint-less. Also a good thing if you don't like people.





No mail today

Next up was Lincoln's Inn Fields. Also know in my head as "That Harry Potter location place". There was a lot of snowman building going on and I was kind of kicking myself for bringing along a huge camera and not being able to build one myself. Not going to lie, still kind of upset over that (now who will build Snowcat 2012?).





By now I got super ambitious and decided to walk to Parliament to get the shot that would undoubtedly launch my photo career: Big Ben in the snow. I got there and Big Ben looked the same as it always does. What a total rip-off. I want my money back, Big Ben.

Had a really sad moment when I overheard someone asking "Excuse me, who is this?"

Instead of obsessively shooting pictures these tourists were busy building a snowman. It made me happy. Then sad again because my hands were full and therefor no snowman for me.

At this moment I could no longer feel my fingers, so I decided it was time to go home before it would get dark and...even more cold.

Via Bedford Row:



It's really hard being living close to all these beautiful houses sometimes. I can't even go to the grocery store without seething with envy.

That's it for today! Or as I like to say....it's sno-ver.

(sorry)

1 comment:

Clara said...

Hah, that made me laugh. I really like the pictures! Seriously, London rules. I think it's so beautiful... Need to plan the trip ASAP!

Post a Comment