Monday 25 December 2017

Christmas things in London

This year I went to London right when Christmas shopping season was getting started and took a ridiculous amount of pictures because Christmas? Two months in advance? Sign me up!

Then I realised I have nowhere to put them and it might be a good idea to fire up the old blog again so they all have a proper place to live and be enjoyed by everyone's eyeballs. Please ignore the fact that this took me almost two months to post, on Christmas Eve, which in blogging world I think is the last acceptable day on which you can post general Christmas content that isn't a giant gift haul.

Let's Christmas
I gave you my heart
But luckily I kept the receipt
So that the very next day
You could exchange it for something
You actually wanted

My first stop for Christmas things is always the Paperchase near Goodge Street because they're pretty much up there with Liberty (almost) in terms of having the most ridiculous selection of fantastic Christmas ornaments. If you're like me and would like to have a space, dinosaur or robot themed tree then this place has got you covered.






They also have an amazing assortment of gift boxes, wrapping and tags which makes me just want to buy a whole bunch of worthless tat just so I can wrap it up all nice (Pez witches for everyone!)



 And of course: mugs, candles. So many mugs and candles.


Next stop is Liberty, which has one of my most favourite Christmas departments ever. It has already got that nice living room vibe and I just love going through the insane amount of sweets, board games, cards and foxes they've got stalled out.






Their ornament department is crazy large and organized by theme and colour which I guess is very helpful when you are a crazy rich person with very little time but a great love for coherence in your holiday decor. I'm definitely noticing a Crazy Christmas Cat Lady theme all throughout which makes me hopeful for the next wave of the 1% as they will not only be female but will also have much more amusing reckless spending habits.






Hot air balloons are also very much a thing.


Next up we have the "misc" section because I am lazy and tired and can I please go to bed so I can wake up to a giant pile of presents? Anyway:

Felted animals were a big thing at the V&A. Especially felted foxes in tiny striped strapless tube dresses. Yes I seriously regret not buying one of these!



The Natural History Museum:

A T-Rex with a Christmas jumper!
A dinosaur ornament! A dinosornament!

Hamley's had a snowy landscape featuring those stuffed animals with the giant eyes I see everywhere but don't know the name of (they're like contemporary beanie babies I guess?)



And of course couldn't not pass through Covent Garden for the old timey finale: Benjamin Pollock's Toy Shop!







Conclusion: London is the best at Christmas. This wasn't even a tenth of it but I am old and tired and I can only walk to things, lift my arms and press a button so many times before I need to go home, lie down and close my eyes for 8 hours. I hope this brought some much needed festive joy into your lives regardless. Merry Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment